Re: libgit2 status
- From
Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com>
- Date
- Aug 27, 2012, 17:10 UTC
- Message-ID
- <7vfw78s1kd.fsf@alter.siamese.dyndns.org>
- In-Reply-To
- <nnglih0jotj.fsf@transit.us.cray.com>
<dag@cray.com> writes:
Show 8 quoted lines
> I am hoping to move git-subtree into core once it performs a little > better and I've fixed a couple of bugs. Will basing it on libgit2 delay > that process significantly? Six months delay is no problem. 2 years > would be problematic. > > I would be happy to be a guinea pig for libgit2 in order to improve it, > but I don't want to significantly impact git-subtree's move to core. > I'll have to figure out the right balance there given feedback.
I expect it will take some time for libgit2 to allow our Makefile to start saying "LDFLAGS += -libgit2"; it will need to become as stable and widespread as other libraries we depend on, e.g. -lz and -lcurl.