From: Junio C Hamano Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:10:42 GMT Subject: Re: libgit2 status Message-ID: <7vfw78s1kd.fsf@alter.siamese.dyndns.org> In-Reply-To: writes: > I am hoping to move git-subtree into core once it performs a little > better and I've fixed a couple of bugs. Will basing it on libgit2 delay > that process significantly? Six months delay is no problem. 2 years > would be problematic. > > I would be happy to be a guinea pig for libgit2 in order to improve it, > but I don't want to significantly impact git-subtree's move to core. > I'll have to figure out the right balance there given feedback. I expect it will take some time for libgit2 to allow our Makefile to start saying "LDFLAGS += -libgit2"; it will need to become as stable and widespread as other libraries we depend on, e.g. -lz and -lcurl.